Saturday, March 17, 2012

Prepare to Be Amazed!

Look among the nations!  Observe!  Be astonished!  Wonder!  Because I am doing something in your days--You would not believe if you were told.  Habakkuk 1:5


As I look around at the things going on in my life, I sometimes just call out to God saying, "What are You doing??"  I know He has a plan, and I know it is for the good of those who love Him. (Romans 8:28).  I know that He knows and is in control, but it just doesn't make any sense.  Yet, I continue to trust and have faith in Him.  Why?  Because He is worthy to be trusted.  How blessed are all who take refuge in Him! (Psalm 2:12).  We have no choice but to trust Him!  We would be stupid not to.   Do I think I can do any better?

Well, this past week was especially stressful and weird, and I heard myself saying, "What are You doing?" and He reminded me again of all His promises.  He also reminded me that everything is for His glory, so I need to choose to give Him all the glory.  We took a risk, and daily reminded ourselves to do everything for His glory.  As each day passed, we saw God do some really cool things.  The cool things weren't what we were hoping for, but God did get the glory through everything. 

Through this process, Miles was reminded of the verse in Habakkuk above.  We have no idea what God is trying to do, but keep your eyes open and watch, because He is doing something.  We may not know what it is right now, but He will reveal it to us eventually. 

It is kind of like winter.  It can be disheartening and cold, but it is a time of dormancy to prepare for spring.  We must go through some time of preparation to see what God is going to do with us. 

TRUST, OBEY, & BE PREPARED TO BE AMAZED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment