Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hope in 2011

God has been getting my attention over the last few days.  Here are a few quotes I've come across that have come across my attention: 

"Is your perspective ego-centric or theo-centric?  You centered or God centered? It does matter." (Brian Smith, a friend)
". . . in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago, . . . " Titus 1:2
"Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but taking God at His word." Evans (don't know which Evans, sorry)
"The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith, is the end of anxiety." George Mueller
"You will never learn faith in comfortable surroundings." (Cowan, I think)
"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever,
For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock." Isaiah 26:3-4
 
Hope must be in the Lord.  If I hope in anything else, it is only false hope.  I've spent a year thinking I was hoping in the Lord, but finding out that I really wasn't . . . hence why 2010 was such a rough year.  But I asked the Lord to increase my faith a little over a year ago, and He did it.  As as you see by the possible Cowan quote above, that is never easy. 
 
So 2010 was a tough year, but I believe that my faith has increased, and I try to keep my hope in the Lord. 
My hope is in the Lord

Who gave Himself for me,

And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

Chorus

For me He died,

For me He lives,

And everlasting life and light He freely gives.


No merit of my own

His anger to suppress.

My only hope is found in Jesus’ righteousness.

Chorus


And now for me He stands

Before the Father’s throne.

He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

Chorus


His grace has planned it all,

’Tis mine but to believe,

And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

Chorus
(Norman Clayton)

No comments:

Post a Comment