Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Will you love Jesus more?

This is an old song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean, but I am always convicted by it.  Here are the words to the first verse and chorus:

I feel quite sure if I did my best I could maybe impress you, with tender words and a harmony a clever rhyme or two. But if all I've done in the time we've shared is turn your eyes on me, then I've failed at what I've been called to do there's Someone else I want you to see.

Will you love Jesus more when we go our different ways? When this moment is a memory will you remember His face? Will you look back and realize you sensed His love more than you did before? I'd pray for nothing less than for you to love Jesus more.
 
As I sit here in my office reading hundreds of discussion board postings by my 201 students in my 6 classes, I am mesmerized by the opportunity and need for the love of God to infiltrate our world.  I've worked in a "Christian" workplace for most of my life, and part of my desire to move to a "secular" workplace was to carry out the Great Commission.  I've even found that there are so many people who know the Lord that just need to be encouraged to follow hard after Him even in difficult circumstances.  So no matter where I am, I need to be spreading Christ's love.  I know many people have obeyed this command and been a huge encouragement to me. 
 
I am not responsible for their salvation, but I am responsible to show them the love of God.  So I need to always be checking my motives and reactions.  I need to always be loving, kind, gracious, and gentle.  I pray that the line that I bolded above will not be reflective of my time here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment