Sunday, October 29, 2017

Adoption Update 10: Perspective on STILL waiting

Who knew this wait was going to take as long as it is taking??? . . . and we are still waiting.  I have lost count how many children have come to our attention and a family member steps in.  We are well over 20 children at this point in our over 3 year adoption process.  We have been waiting nearly 13 years, but the official wait is just over 3 years. 

There is a situation that has arisen, and we continue to wait even in the situation.  At this point, we have gone from the occasional emotional roller coaster to a daily roller coaster.  The prayer support from my friends and family has been humbling. I am forever grateful regardless of how the situation turns out. 

As we try to understand the ups and downs of the situation, it makes no logical sense.  We are constantly trying to apply logic to a very illogical situation.  Yet God continues to remind me that it isn't about me . . .

1.  There is a baby whose future has yet to be determined. 
2.  There is a young birth mother that is trying to make the best decision she can for her baby's future. 
3.  There is a young father in a world of trouble who is trying to manipulate everything with not much to stand on. 

We want the baby to come into our home and be loved on with God's love.  So that is the best answer, right?  Maybe . . .

There are 3 souls here.  A baby could really change a birth mother's or birth father's world.  I have seen a baby change a person's direction in life for the positive. 

There are 3 souls that are having some interaction with the love of Christ through us.  It isn't direct contact right now, but the prayer support that we are experiencing is also affecting these three lives. 

Then there are the many, many people that hear our story and are prompted to pray, to give, or just to watch as we struggle through.  I have had many people talk about how our struggle has been so encouraging to them.  One person said to me, "You have such a great perspective on this."  I didn't get that on my own. God has graciously given me that perspective shift through His strength and the countless people praying for us. 

The thing is, if I didn't have this perspective, I would be an anxiety-ridden, depressed, and angry individual.  I HAVE to take the perspective that it isn't about me.  This world and God's plan in it has very little to do with me, and EVERYTHING to do with God's glory. 

So . . . there isn't much of an update here, but we just continue to wait. 

How can you help?  First and foremost, please pray for us, for the birth parents, the baby, and every person that encounters this scenario.  None of us will do well without prayer.  We are in desperate need of Him. 

Secondly, we are a little short of our adoption costs because this process has taken so long  . . . the 3+ years and now attorney fees with this extended process on this particular situation.  You can support us financially through Paypal:  mmozlee@yahoo.com or https://www.gofundme.com/gr2e5s

I am so grateful for all of you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment